Question

Flutter billing sdk 6 support

• 4 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

When is the flutter SDK going to support andriod billing SDK 6+? At the moment Im not able to get any products to show up that are not backwards compatible and the google play store only allows you to set one product/subscription as backwards compatible.

My project is using the latest andriod billing SDK and the latest revenueCat flutter plugin. Just switched the Andriod configuration to only work with 6+ and I get the below error

Error fetching offerings - PurchasesError(code=UnknownBackendError, underlyingErrorMessage=Backend Code: 7728 - This SDK version is not supported for this app., message='There was an unknown backend error.')

If I have it to support 6+ and backwards compatibility I only get the one product for Andriod (iOS is fine)

6 replies

Badge +3

i tried with version 5.0.0-beta.2, but it doesn't work

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Jason!

The team’s working on v6 support for Flutter and has released a couple of betas: https://github.com/RevenueCat/purchases-flutter/releases/tag/5.0.0-beta.2

In the mean time, backwards compatibility will require you to create multiple subscriptions in Google Play Console, each marked as backwards compatible.

You can read more in our docs here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/google-subscriptions-and-backwards-compatibility

Badge

Greetings.

I have exactly the same situation (Flutter app): One subscription on Google Play with 2 variations - Monthly and Annual, and only one version is visible on Android (it’s OK on iOS).

When I switch to 6+ API I get the same error: “This SDK version is not supported for this app”.

Is there anything I can do except recreating subscription on Google Play?
Does your 5.0.0 beta support 6+ API? If yes, how can I install this version?

Thank you.

Badge

Oh… :) I created 2 different subscriptions on Android (both with backwards compatibility), and they both work with the current API.

Badge +3

Oh… :) I created 2 different subscriptions on Android (both with backwards compatibility), and they both work with the current API.

Thank for support 🙏

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Messi Codex what was the problem with the beta version?