Solved

Crossgrades testing on iOS (sandbox)

• 10 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

From The Ultimate Guide to iOS Subscription Testing

Because the sandbox environment doesn’t have a subscription management UI like the production App Store, you’ll need to expose buttons or other means within the app to test purchases that trigger upgrades, downgrades, and cross grades.

I’m a bit confused on what to do to test a crossgrade. I have two plans, same level, different duration (annual and monthly). When I test in sandbox switching from monthly to annual, in Customer History I see the renewal events of the monthly one, then the change of renewal preference to annual, but then it stops renewing on either plan. On my I app I end up as if I just cancelled and not subscribed again.

Is this expected from the limitations as quoted above? If so, is there anything I can do to test this further or is that enough to assume it will work in production?

icon

Best answer by tina 16 September 2021, 00:30

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @tina,

I had tried a couple of times before posting the question and saw the same behavior, now I created a fresh sandbox account and I saw it working as expected. I can switch back and forth subscriptions and all looks good. I don’t know what was going on the other day!

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Germán Buela!

Sandbox subscriptions will automatically be cancelled after up to 6 renewal times (this number is random). For crossgrades, if the subscriptions are different durations, the new subscription will go into effect at the next renewal date. Have you tried re-testing on a fresh sandbox account?