Solved

Android - isActive is false after renew the subscription

• 19 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi RevenueCat,

After renew subscription, the isActive become to false, I got the log:

EntitlementInfo(identifier='Premium', isActive=false, willRenew=true, periodType=NORMAL, latestPurchaseDate=Tue Apr 19 15:22:10 GMT+07:00 2022, originalPurchaseDate=Tue Apr 19 15:22:10 GMT+07:00 2022, expirationDate=Tue Apr 19 15:29:08 GMT+07:00 2022, store=PLAY_STORE, productIdentifier='com.test.nightshade.one.monthly', isSandbox=true, unsubscribeDetectedAt=null, billingIssueDetectedAt=null, ownershipType=UNKNOWN)

I saw somethings:

• ownershipType is UNKNOWN → it should be PURCHASED
  • isActive = false + willRenew = true → it should be isActive = true + willRenew = true

Do you know why it’s happen and how to fix it?

---------------------------------------

SDK Version: 5.0.0-rc3

Operating System: android 9

icon

Best answer by tina 29 April 2022, 19:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Updating this thread based on our ticket conversation:

Sandbox behavior can be finicky since the renewals are accelerated and sometimes renewals in sandbox can be missed due to the fast billing periods. This is also mentioned in our docs here: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/google-play-store#working-with-subscriptions The app will usually be a little bit behind due to its built-in caching system. In order to allow users to access their subscriptions offline, the SDK caches the subscription status. Whenever you call getCustomerInfo(), the SDK will update the cache if it's older than five minutes. To help with this, you can enable Google Real-Time notifications to reduce delays.

I wouldn't worry about this behavior once the app is in production since a monthly renewal will actually occur every month at the end of the billing cycle, rather than every 5 minutes.

Badge +1

Hi @Huy Nguyen 

I saw that you opened a ticket for this request. I replied in the ticket to gather some more information about app user IDs and debug logs. 

Hi tina, 

I have attached the debug logs at this comment and my app user ID is 28e8f250-28f8-4761-873f-c20ba6058664

Could you help me take a look on it?

Thank you,

Huy

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Huy Nguyen 

I saw that you opened a ticket for this request. I replied in the ticket to gather some more information about app user IDs and debug logs.