I’m trying to get some clarity around account creation. Currently, a user can create as many accounts as they want in our app (no payment is needed upon account creation). However, we want to only allow a single Apple/Google ID to be associated with one account. For example, if I:
- Create two brand new accounts
- Login to the first one and subscribe to a paid monthly subscription
- Logout and login to the second account
At this point, I would expect that the second account doesn’t have access to the paid monthly subscription that was purchased by account number one. The phone is still logged in with the same Apple/Google ID, so:
- Is the second account able to purchase a paid monthly subscription?
- If the second account purchased a higher tier than the first account, would it all be associated with one account in RevenueCat, therefore “upgrading” the first account?
We have done some testing in Sandbox mode, and wanted clarity on how this would work in production. One thing to note is that each of the accounts that are created would have a different AppUserID, so I’m not sure if we would need to enable Transfer Purchases, to handle this case? Or if our app needs to prevent a user from subscribing if the underlying Apple/Google ID is already associated with a subscription?
Best answer by ryanView original