Solved

Migrate customers to RevenueCat with a existing free trial expiry

• 21 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi all, 

I am currently migrating to RevenueCat. My current user subscription details are stored in DB. 
I have used rest to migrate those over using the uuid for the user. 

But when a user registers on my platform, they get a 1 month free trial. This trial is basically a exp date set in the DB for the user without any interaction with Stripe, Google or Apple. 

My question is, how can I set this user up on revenuecat with a custom trail exp date if they without interaction with the Stripe, Google or Apple. 

Essentially adding a customer with a trail expiry date. 

Is this possible and if so how can I achieve this? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jens 22 August 2022, 09:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @Akshay Patel , this isn’t quite possible. You can use the API endpoint to grant a promotional (free) entitlement, however, the set of durations is somewhat limited – you can’t just pass in an expiry date. So you would probably have to grant everyone a free month from the time of migration (or, with a bit more complex logic, you could grant customers a free month, week, 3 days, or 1 day, based on how long they have left on their trial. However if someone has e.g. 20 days left on their trial you can’t grant them 20 days since that’s not one of the supported values for that API endpoint).

Hope this helps!