Question

How to share RC accounts between Mobile and Windows standalone

• 12 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

My team is currently looking into porting our Android and iOS app to a Windows standalone version (eg. for Steam), and I was wondering what the options are for communication between mobile and standalone.

For example, a user would download our app on Android and start a subscription. Later, the user would download our port for Windows (logging back into his original account) and now wants to continue accessing his subscription features.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@joshdholtz It’s quite a bit of time, but I finally had a chance to start testing your suggestion.

I’m having trouble using the REST API, as it requires an API key, but which one do I use for Windows Standalone?

I’m testing this with Android to see if everything works before trying it on Standalone, but all I’m getting is “Invalid API Key” with code “7225” when using the API key for Android of our app.

Also, it seems your example for C# / RestSharp is outdated, as your request snippet doesn’t work anymore with the current version.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hey @Maru!

You can totally use our API to get the active entitlements for a App User ID - https://docs.revenuecat.com/reference/subscribers

This is what the SDKs use and what backends would use after they receive web hooks. You would just put the same App User ID that you use to login the user through the iOS and Android SDKs and you should be good to go! 

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!