Solved

Additional details about the reason for a billing issue when renewing a subscription?

• 2 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

When renewing a subscription, I understand that it is possible for Google or Apple to raise a billing issue.  (E.g.: they have tried billing the account, and are unable to do so for some reason).  When this happens, we receive a BILLING_ISSUE webhook.  Are there any other details from Apple/Google (passed through to RevenueCat) that we get as to what the actual underlying issue was?  I.e.: was the associated credit card expired?  Was the charge declined for some other reason?

As near as I can figure, it seems like Google and Apple are pretty tight-lipped this, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask in case I’ve overlooked something in either of their docs.

icon

Best answer by sharif 3 September 2021, 22:47

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

Alright - thanks for confirming!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Unfortunately your intuition is correct, there’s not much information that Apple and Google (especially Apple) provides about billing issues. There’s no indication in the Apple receipts about insufficient funds, expired credit card, etc. For Google you may be able to find a little information in Google Play Console but again nothing that would be also available in webhooks.