Question

Action Needed: Apple Pay Payment Processing Certificate Expires - any changes in configuration?

• 8 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I have got this e-mail from Apple:

“ Your Apple Pay Payment Processing Certificate is set to expire on January 5, 2023. This certificate is required to encrypt the Apple Pay Token. If you don’t update the certificate before January 5, 2023, customers will be unable to use Apple Pay listed under merchant.<my app>.

To successfully update this certificate, please reach out to your Payment Service Provider or, if the payment token is decrypted by you, follow these instructions"

Do I need to perform any actions in my RevenueCat configuration?
I can not find any documentation for this situation.

Thanks for help

Slawek

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello,

RevenueCat uses Apple’s StoreKit framework for in-app purchases, which is separate from Apple Pay. If you use Apple Pay in your app you should definitely take care of this. Please refer to Apple’s documentation on this: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/passkit/apple_pay/setting_up_apple_pay 

Badge +4

Hey,
we got the same email from apple and we only use Revenuecat. Is it safe to ignore the email from apple then?

Badge +3

Hello,

My application uses a subscription connected to RevenueCat and I ignored this email from Apple…

Everything works correctly.

Slawek